“Laser Safety 2021” Workshop
Invitation to the free on-line Workshop “In Focus: Laser Safety 2021”
With the financial support of Hochschulkontor (The Baltic-German University Liaison Office), Laserinstitut Hochschule Mittweida – University of Applied Sciences (Germany) and Rezekne Academy of Technologies (Latvia), a one-day seminar/workshop “In Focus: Laser Safety 2021” is being organized on June 18, 2021. The Workshop is dedicated to all important aspects of laser safety in the Baltic region.
“In Focus: Laser Safety 2021”
Join our on-line Workshop
Friday, June 18th, 2021
10:00 – 17:00 (EEST), Microsoft Teams
The Workshop language is English.
Registration is mandatory!
About the Workshop
The Workshop is primarily intended for laser safety officers, laser technology specialists and labour safety specialists and provides an opportunity to refresh knowledge and further learning, as well as leads to dialogue with colleagues and experts and the exchange of experience. In addition to presentations that provide information and clarifications on the new EU laser safety regulations, the seminar also includes topics related to health and safety in the workplace from a legal point of view, the biological effects of laser radiation on the eyes and skin, and thematic blocks dedicated to both direct and indirect dangers of laser radiation. The workshop program also includes questions about the necessary administrative and engineering control measures. Thanks to the interdisciplinary focus of the content, we would like to give you a holistic view of the topic of laser safety and organize discussions that accompany our seminar. We are sure that you will discover exciting new aspects related to laser safety.
Topics of the Workshop
- Safe design of laser machines
- PPE – laser safety glasses
- Biological effects of laser radiation: skin
- Biological effects of laser radiation: eye
- Good practices and experience in organizing administrative and technical control of laser safety – Laserinstitut Hochschule Mittweida
- Some aspects of using the MOODLE system in e-learning
- Laser Safety: Risk Management, Engineering and Administrative Controls
*Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, the seminar program may be changed.
The seminar is attended by speakers from Germany, Bulgaria, Romania and Latvia.
* This project of the Baltic-German University Liaison Office is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) with funds from the Foreign Office of the Federal Republic Germany.